Although this is currently a personal diary, I hope this blog will eventually become more of an online "coffee shop" where amateur or aspiring musicians/artists/writers can share ideas and offer constructive criticism.


Monday, May 30, 2005

Without You

Sunrays raining down on me
Givin' sweat to hide my tears.
Hidden, muted melodies
Lost behind the years
That I had without you.

Heat risin' from the streets
No sweet breeze comes my way.
Summer won't be my friend
It's loneliness everyday
That I have without you.

And I don't care if the gardens grow,
For no seeds I will sow.
Like you, the flowers will only die in the end.

And I don't want to carry on,
But still I will move along.
And wait for my winter to take me to you, my friend.

And no drink will end these dreams
Still I have one with a cigarette.
No blue sky behind those clouds
Only disappointment and the regret
That I live without you.

And still I live without you.

10 Comments:

Blogger RuKsaK said...

Quite like that - would love to hear it to music.

4:30 AM  
Blogger Diana Crabtree said...

That is awesome!

Did you just do that or did you post it to express where you are right now!

Amazing! :)

12:04 PM  
Blogger Drake said...

Thanks, Ruksak. I could actually hear the music in my mind as I wrote it.

I submitted to a blog poetry contest, but I plan to actually compose and record the music to it.

Now, if only I could sing...

Take care!
Drake

2:20 PM  
Blogger Drake said...

Hey Diana!

Thank you so much for the compliments! Yes, I wrote it last night for a poetry contest, but as I was telling Ruksak, I plan to set it music. I've never written a blues song before, so it's new territory for me.

Thanks again and take care!
Drake :)

2:22 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That's nice....I could listen to that with just an acoustic guitar...

6:59 PM  
Blogger Drake said...

Hi there, ZetaZen!

Hmmm... I might try to do an acoustic guitar version of it once I'm more proficient playing it.

For now, I better stick to keyboards if I want it to sound decent. ;)

Thanks for the suggestion!
Drake

7:28 PM  
Blogger Diana Crabtree said...

I'll sing it for you...just a second...

mee mee mee mee

*sings song...doesn't know melody*

what did you think?

9:02 PM  
Blogger Drake said...

Hello again, Diana!

"mee mee mee mee"

It's always about you, isn't it? (Hee hee!!)

;)

Take care!
Drake

9:06 PM  
Blogger Drake said...

Hello Jenn!

Thank you for the compliments on my poem/lyrics! I appreciate the support.

I am just sorry you are going through a depressive period right now. Just know that I can empathize!

And no need to thank me for my comments - Just wanted to assure you that you aren't alone with regrets. That said, I didn't think your post was bad - Just very stream-of-consciousness.

Take care of yourself!
Drake :)

10:05 PM  
Blogger Drake said...

Hello Talking Tina!

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate them. :)

Best wishes to you!
Drake

10:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Attorney at Law