Although this is currently a personal diary, I hope this blog will eventually become more of an online "coffee shop" where amateur or aspiring musicians/artists/writers can share ideas and offer constructive criticism.


Thursday, April 28, 2005

BlogExplosion.Com

Hmmm... I discovered a couple of things last night.

One is BlogExplosion, a site that helps people bring traffic to their blogs. Once you sign up and enter your blog URL, you get to see a series of random blogs. The more blogs you see in circulation, the more your blog is put into circulation for others to see at BlogExplosion. The mechanism to prevent cheating is actually sort of clever, and the service exposes one to many, MANY different types of blogs. (There are ways to filter the blogs you are shown by subject matter.)

The second thing I discovered is just how many freakin' blogs there are out there!! This isn't a complaint - I think it's great that so many people have access to the ability to share their lives, interests, skills, etc. to a global audience. But it is still so overwhelming to realize how many blogs are out there. And the ones you see at BlogExplosion are ONLY the ones that have been registered with BlogExplosion. There are thousands more out there that aren't even in their circulation.

In my opinion, the service is worth checking out. It's free, it doesn't add any adverts to your blog, and it gives you an opportunity to find other people with similar interests. (As well as thousands that will bore you to tears!)

On a personal level, I finally made it back to work today. I think my deep, severe depression is starting to lift a little - And I don't think it's just the Johnnie Walker Red Label talking either!

And I want to hurt the person who ever came up with the F-barre chord pattern for the guitar. Obviously, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome was an alien concept to him!

Best of wishes!
Drake

2 Comments:

Blogger Bradley Robb said...

Drake,

Thanks for stopping by on BlogExplosion (BE as the cool kids call it.)

Welcome to the blog-o-sphere (a term I use out of sheer disdain).

-Brad
www.subter.com

9:42 PM  
Blogger Drake said...

Hey Brad,

Thanks for the comment!

Ah, yes, The Blogosphere... I suppose the talking heads had to come up with some cutesy name for it.

Best wishes,
Drake

11:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Attorney at Law