Although this is currently a personal diary, I hope this blog will eventually become more of an online "coffee shop" where amateur or aspiring musicians/artists/writers can share ideas and offer constructive criticism.


Friday, April 22, 2005

First Post - I guess I'm now officially a blogger... Whee...

A little after noon, a soft, rolling thunder in the background, home from work again due to my chronic depression.

Listening to Elliot Smith, a wonderful songwriter that might have committed suicide in October 2003 - The jury is still out on that one. I wish I could compose and play music 10% as well as he did - It always sounds so childish to hear someone say that "his music speaks for me," but in a way, it really does.

I just popped another couple of Xanax and took a hit of Wild Turkey - I told myself that I would never, ever drink alcohol before 5pm. Somehow in my twisted mind, you are not a problem drinker unless you drink before 5pm. Oh well... On the bright side, the Xanax/alcohol combo does dramatically improve my mood, so I won't worry about it now.

But I am worried about the increase of lightning and thunder, so I will end this maiden posting before the power blinks out and it is lost forever. That would be terrible, huh?

Don't worry - This blog won't become yet another whiney, self-pity page like the endless ones you find on the net. I really have nothing to say that the moment, and I'm just trying to learn how to post to one of these things. I think I'm picking it up rather quickly actually...

Be safe, whoever you are.


Attorney at Law