Although this is currently a personal diary, I hope this blog will eventually become more of an online "coffee shop" where amateur or aspiring musicians/artists/writers can share ideas and offer constructive criticism.


Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Name Change

I decided to rename my blog "The Slacker Shack." "Oblivion - Embracing Our Obscurity" seemed a tad bit negative, and it slowly dawned on me that it didn't have the right bohemian/beatnik/artist connotation to it.

Plus, "The Slacker Shack" combines my interest in the movie "Slacker" with the title of a song ("Love Shack") by one of my favorite bands: The B-52's.

And besides, "Oblivion" sounded more like a blog for a secular hospice.

And no, I don't have better things to do with my time than to think of these things...

Take care!
Drake

4 Comments:

Blogger RuKsaK said...

Yeah - I like the title and the blurb and profile description are very cool too - blogmarked you and will be back later to rummage.

8:16 PM  
Blogger Drake said...

Hey there!

Whoa - Small world! I just came across your blog tonight and blogmarked you too. I look forward to reading you "Stink and the Suicides" section this weekend.

Thanks and take care!
Drake

8:38 PM  
Blogger Dana said...

Hey! I like your new blog title and I also love the B-52's!

Has anybody seen
a dog dyed dark green?

9:44 PM  
Blogger Drake said...

Hi there, dana!

Thanks for the comment! Ah yes, "Quicke Lorraine!" I can always tell true fans of The B-52's - They quote lyrics other than "The Love Shack." ;)

Pulsing light goes to my head...
Best wishes!
Drake :)

12:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Attorney at Law