Although this is currently a personal diary, I hope this blog will eventually become more of an online "coffee shop" where amateur or aspiring musicians/artists/writers can share ideas and offer constructive criticism.


Sunday, June 19, 2005

Wear Gawdy Colors Or Avoid Display*

Wow - I've REALLY slacked off from posting on my blog about slackers! At least I practice what I preach... :) Thanks to Diana Crabtree for bringing to my attention that I haven't posted for over two weeks!! Time REALLY got away from me...

Like 95+% of all the people you meet online, I suffer from depression from time to time, and the past couple of weeks were quite bad. It wasn't a "suicidal" depression but more like "I-just-want-to-stay-asleep-and-enjoy-my-dreams-since-they-are-much-better-than-reality-and-besides-I-have-no-energy-or-desire-to-do-anything-while-awake" depression (aka. IJWTSAAEMDSTAMBTRABIHNEODTDAWA).

Besides missing LOTS of work and sleeping, not much else has been going on with me. Despite my massive amounts of absenteeism, I still have my job - My theory is that I am a morbid curiosity to my employers and that they are taking bets on whether I will quit or commit suicide. Seriously, I am considering taking official medical leave if another bout of this chronic fatigue type depression should hit me again.

Since I really don't have anything to offer in the way of news, entertainment, or slackerdom, this post is really just an announcement that I'm still around and plan to continue blogging whenever possible - I have no intentions of quitting the blog world! The Slacker Shack's door is alway open for all.

That said, my "Drifting Stars" blog has sort of drifted away. I'm still considering continuing the story there in the future, but for now it is on hiatus until I have more energy to invest in it.

I'm going to use this time today to start reading up on my blogger companions' blogs to see what is going on in their lives.

Best wishes to everyone! Alway feel free to drop me a note at my email address!
Drake :)

*Lyric from "Wiggly World (1979)," Devo

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I'm pulling for you...I have an aunt who is a bipolar....post whenever you can!!!!

5:41 PM  
Blogger Diana Crabtree said...

Free publicity- thanks

4:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Attorney at Law