Although this is currently a personal diary, I hope this blog will eventually become more of an online "coffee shop" where amateur or aspiring musicians/artists/writers can share ideas and offer constructive criticism.


Monday, May 02, 2005

Interesting...

When I started blogging about a week ago or so, I thought this blog would get most of the attention and that my experimental fictional blog, Drifting Stars, would mostly be ignored. Well, according to BlogExplosion, Drifting Stars seems to be getting much more attention! Not complaining, of course... Just mostly curious as to why. I've never been good at predicting human behavior...

Speaking of which... For those who have seen the movie "Office Space," you'll appreciate this. I missed 5 (yes, FIVE) consecutive days of work last week because of a mini-nervous breakdown - sadly, one of many in my life. When I returned to work last Thursday, I had wondered if I would still have a job. Well... Today, they are considering PROMOTING me!! It's only in the discussion stage, it probably won't even happen. But still... Jeez!!

I repeat - I've NEVER been good at predicting human behavior!

Well, back to practicing the guitar and surfing BlogExplosion. I will need to go back to the dozens of blogs I've "blockmarked" to explore them further. Lots of interesting people and things out there!

Take care, Drake

4 Comments:

Blogger Jillyvanilli said...

Congratulations, maybe you should have mini breakdowns more often!

2:18 PM  
Blogger Drake said...

Hi there, Jilly!

Thanks for the congratulations and the comment!

And don't worry - I'm sure I will have plenty more in the future! ;)

Best Wishes!
Drake

2:23 PM  
Blogger Beverly Keaton Smith said...

Your post made me smile. I think mini breakdowns are highly underrated! Good for you for taking care of yourself by giving yourself a whole week off from work.

Warmly, Beverly

9:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG You Rock and I have learned a life lesson just by taking a minute to stop and visit! One mini breakdown coming up....I've heard of mental health days but hmmm..a whole week. You are a genius! I'll be back to visit, keep up the good blogs!

9:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Attorney at Law