Although this is currently a personal diary, I hope this blog will eventually become more of an online "coffee shop" where amateur or aspiring musicians/artists/writers can share ideas and offer constructive criticism.


Saturday, October 15, 2005

Still alive? Yep...

Well, after a very ragged August and September, I'm back to blog once again. The most obvious change to the blog is the color - I never really liked the techno green I originally had.

I also added a few links, the most important of which is The Dandy Warhols' website - I never realized what a great band they were! You can learn more about them and their friends/enemies, the Brian Jonestown Massacre (another good band), in the excellent documentary DiG!

Other news... I'm still trying to churn out a score for a friend's independent film. Due to a difficult summer - hence the lack of blogging - I haven't been too productive on it, but I do have enough pieces to work with to get it finished. And there is talk of me starting a band with a friend. God knows, I'm masochistic enough to do it!

Oh, and I tried slashing my wrists a few weeks ago but ended up severely injuring my right thumb and having to go to the ER because of it. It wasn't a "cry-for-help" thing, nor was I really attempting to commit suicide. I found out the medication I was on, Cymbalta, works on norepinephrine, which acts on adrenaline. In short, it can give a depressed person an extra boost of energy at the wrong time. At any rate, I'm alive, off of Cymbalta, back on Lexapro, taking better care of myself, blah-blah-blah.

So that's about it for now...

Stay safe!
Drake

2 Comments:

Blogger Bradley Robb said...

Welcome back.

P. Bradly Robb

12:49 PM  
Blogger Drake said...

Thanks, bradley!

Take care!
Drake

4:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Attorney at Law