Although this is currently a personal diary, I hope this blog will eventually become more of an online "coffee shop" where amateur or aspiring musicians/artists/writers can share ideas and offer constructive criticism.


Tuesday, October 18, 2005

The Brian Jonestown Massacre

Hello again,

I touched upon in my previous post the wonderful documentary "DiG!" Well, I discovered today that the band Brian Jonestown Massacre actually has all of their CDs free for download on their website: http://www.brianjonestownmassacre.com/mp3.html Apparently, Anton Newcombe is so anti-corporate, he is willing to share his music for free. I strongly suggest people interested in quality 60's revivalist music to check them out. This is definitely a musical treasure trove worth exploring!

Still, I personally want to eventually purchase the CDs or make a donation in order to encourage him (and his ever changing band) to continue writing and creating new CDs. This music is too good to be forgotten and lost to time!

Just a recommendation from your buddy, Drake
:)

1 Comments:

Blogger Rob said...

Hi Drake,

I just wanted to thank you for being a gold-star-bearing and honorary-degree-holding Guitar Teacher's Lesson Notebook reader, and for linking to my blog on your site. May your guitar strings always sound like butter and shine like the foil the butter came in. Or something like that.

I wanted to let you know that the blog has a different URL now. If you get a chance, please update it:

http://www.heartwoodguitar.com/WordPressBlog/

The old URL forwards to the new URL, so your link will still work if you do nothing, but this make things simpler.

Thank you!

Rob

12:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Attorney at Law